Friday, September 14, 2007

The Joy of My Work


Wow, what a busy week! I haven’t posted in a couple of days because I have been working to complete a website that is launching next Tuesday.

We are having the most beautiful fall weather here in Kansas and I am sitting at my computer for 12+ hours a day. Today it was 4:00 p.m. before I realized I hadn’t had anything to eat. Needless to say, I am in the groove.

I love what I do. It is my creative outlet and I am proud of the work I am doing on this site. Yet I know that this is not sustainable.

I must have balance in my life. I must take time to breathe in fresh air, to stretch my arms, back and shoulder - a must before I get in to see my chiropractor. Fortunately I was smart enough to register for the women’s retreat happening this weekend at my church. That will give me at least 24 hours away from the computer and all other duties except that of turning inward to commune with the Divine. That should bring back some balance.

I will be elated when this project is complete, but I will also be a little sad. It has been my constant companion for the last 7 months. Working with Marla to tune in deeply to dream and assisting her in bringing it into form has been a gift and a joy for me. It’s sort of like being a mid-wife or a birthing coach...congratulations Marla on your new baby!

I will be so pleased to see ProfoundHarvest.com take its first breath. And after a break, I will be on to midwife the next project.

No comments: