Friday, February 15, 2008

The Power of Joy

"The achievement of anything that you desire must be considered success, whether it is a trophy or money or relationships, or things. But if you will let your standard of success be your achievement of joy—everything else will fall easily into place. For in the finding of joy, you are finding vibrational alignment with the resources of the Universe."

Excerpted from a workshop in “The Law of Attraction, The Basics of the Teachings of Abraham” on Saturday, July 1st, 2006

I love the Teachings of Abraham in the book "Ask and it is Given."

I especially love how it tells us that our emotions will always let us know when we are in alignment with Universal Flow / the energy of the Divine, and when we have closed ourselves off to it. JOY is the number on indicator that we are aligning ourselves with that flow and experiencing the deepest, richest relationship with the Divine possible.

It's the kind of joy that has absolutely no connection to circumstances of life. It just comes from being in tune to the exquisite hum of life and the majesty and beauty of that experience.

Here's to a day of true JOY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Around Easter I experienced the joy of forgiveness in a way I had never before. At some moment in prayer and awareness came to me -- my inability to forgive one particular soul was because my mind and heart were filled with a huge number of unspoken and unmet expectations. I could not truly forgive this person because I had a metaphorical gun held to their head and they were supposed to meet my unspoken expecations "or else"!! My resentment against them for not meeting my expectaitons was blocking my ability to forgive. As soon as I began to voice the expectations and let them go, my heart felt both fear and joy. The fear was that I was leaving myself too vulnerable to this person. Then I realized that I had no need to fear because if the person ever did or said anything -- in the future -- that I felt was abusive to me, I could address it at that time. Meanwhile, I could love the person whole heartedly and give them space to show up in life however they needed to show up -- not as I wanted (or expected) them to!

The joy I experienced from this was transformational for me. As you said, I know deeply that this was a Divine gift because of the freedom and joy it brought to me, and the possibility it offered to heal both myself and the relationship.